Filtration and Separation equipment
Protecting people, the environment and products from contaminants during pharmaceutical manufacturing processes requires the safe venting of tanks, autoclaves, gases or aggressive chemicals.
Steam is used to ensure the sterilisation of filters and process equipment or sanitisation of equipment. To prevent product contamination and fouling from pipe scale or debris, clean filtered steam, free from unwanted particulates ensures process efficiency and protects equipment.
This application demands:
- Multi-purpose plant with the ability to operate in a wide range of media.
- High corrosion resistance.
- Minimising contamination and discolouration.
- Elimination of fluorine attack on glass / glass lined vessel.
- Elimination of expensive repairs & plant downtime (by fitting tantalum patches to damaged areas of glass lined vessels).
Types of filtration and separation equipment includes filter dryers, Nutsche pressure filters, oyster filters and pan dryers.
This picture of a Nutsche pressure filter was provided by GL Filtration Ltd
Nutsche Pressure Filters operate with sophisticated heated agitators. This a batch filtration system operating under vacuum at high pressure.