Perfect for applications in the Aerospace industry
Ti 6Al-4V (Grade 5) can be used in a variety of applications, here are just a few examples:
- Turbine blades, discs & rings
- Aircraft structural components
- Fasteners & bolts
- Hand tools
- Sporting equipment
- Valves and pumps
- Landing Gear
- Rotors & discs
- Doors & door frames
- Brackets, fittings & clips
About Ti 6Al-4V (Grade 5)
Ti 6Al-4V (Grade 5) is the most widely used of all the alpha-beta titanium alloys.The alloy was originally developed for the aerospace market and widely used in aerospace structural components. More recently the alloy has seen extensive use in the oil & gas market where a combination of high strength, corrosion resistance and low weight is essential.
The density of Ti 6Al-4V (Grade 5) is 50% that of nickel-based alloys and stainless steels. It is therefore used extensively in various applications due to its high strength-to-weight ratio.
It is typically used in the annealed condition, at service temperatures up to 400°C. However it may be heat treated for high strength in sections under 4″ thick.
Ti 6Al-4V (Grade 5) can be welded with matching or ELI filler wire.
Primary attributes of Titanium alloys:
- Elevated strength to density ratio
- Low density – roughly half the weight of steel, nickel and cobalt alloys
- Exceptional corrosion resistance
- Excellent elevated temperature properties up to 600°C
- High fatigue and toughness
- Low modulus of elasticity and low thermal expansion coefficient
- High melting point
- High ballistic resistance to density ratio
- 4.429 g/cm³
- Melting range:
- 1609 - 1660°C
- Beta transus:
- 996 ± 28°C
- Corrosion resistance:
- PREN (PREN = %Cr + 3.3x%Mo + 16x%N)