Choose an Alloy
At NeoNickel, we offer a range of Titanium alloys that provide high strength-to-weight ratio and outstanding resistance to corrosion in the harshest working environments.
With half the density of nickel alloys ,stainless alloys and duplex / super duplex alloys titanium offers a significant cost to weight ratio for key applications in markets which include : Aerospace, Oil & Gas , FPSO production vessels ( floating production storage and offloading vessels), Power Generation, Desalination , Chemical process, Bio-Medical , Motor Sport, Sports equipment and many other markets where material performance is critical.
Titanium alloys are also selected based on their high strength, corrosion resistance and high-temperature properties i.e. resistance to oxidation, creep, fatigue and stress-rupture failure.
There is no doubt that Titanium and its alloys play a major part in the aerospace, oil & gas, chemical process , power generation, desalination , bio-medical, motorsport and sporting equipment industries.
Key properties of Titanium and Titanium alloys are:
- Low density (relatively light-weight)
- Exceptional erosion and erosion-corrosion resistance
- High fatigue strength in air and Chloride environments
- High fracture toughness in air and Chloride environments
- Low modulus of elasticity
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- High melting point
- Excellent cryogenic properties
- Non-magnetic property
- High intrinsic shock resistance
- High ballistic resistance-to-density ratio
- Nontoxic, non-allergenic and fully biocompatible
- Very short radioactive half-life
Titanium alloy applications:
- Power generation – surface condensers, condenser tubing, plate heat exchangers, turbines, cryogenic vessels
- Oil & gas – Shell and tube heat exchangers, plate heat exchangers, piping systems, valves and pumps, prop shafts, propellers, cryogenic vessels
RELATIVE PROPERTIES OF TITANIUM AS COMPARED TO OTHER ALLOYS
|Properties||Titanium||Ni Alloys||Aluminium||Alloy Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Corrosion Resistance (water)||GOOD||GOOD||POOR||POOR||GOOD|
|Corrosion Resistance (gases)||GOOD||GOOD||POOR||MEDIUM||MEDIUM|