At NeoNickel, we take your privacy very seriously. We aim to be clear on how we use your personal information and the ways in which we protect it.
- NeoNickel principles and ethos
- Our products and services to you
- What information does NeoNickel collect from you and its usage?
- How we share information
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests
- Consent for collecting and storing your information
- How do we use the information we collect?
- What steps do we take to protect your information?
- Your rights and choices about your data
- How can you review your information or contact us about your information?
Principles and ethos
Simply put, we only use your data to provide you with the best service we can offer, store your data in a safe, transparent manner and never sell your data on.
- Personal data is processed fairly, lawfully, and in a transparent manner.
- Personal data is only collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and is not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Personal data is accurate and kept up to date. Inaccurate data is updated or deleted.
- Personal data is kept in identifiable format for no longer than necessary.
- Personal data is kept secure.
- We aim to design our systems and procedures to protect your privacy and data.
Our products and services to you
We provide services through our website, and internal systems to enable us to deliver our products to you.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact us at email@example.com
What information does NeoNickel collect from you and its usage?
Internal systems: We store and use data about you to enable us to provide you with products and services as contractually agreed between us. This information includes your name, email address and contact information that you have provided to us in the course of our discussions. We use this data in order to provide the best service we can.
Third party services acting directly on our behalf: We may act as a data controller to provide aspects of your data to third parties acting on our behalf to improve our services to you. Any third party is strictly vetted to ensure your data is processed using the same principles and ethos as NeoNickel.
Selling of data: we never sell or provide free of charge any data about you to third parties not directly engaged by us as a data controller directly involved in the services we provide to you. Simply put the data we have stored on you in our systems remain in our systems.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Cookies we use:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|_utma||Identifies shoppers and sessions.|
|_utmb||Determines new sessions/visits.|
|_utmc||Determines if the shopper is in a new session/visit.|
|_utmz||Saves the traffic source or campaign that explains how the shopper reached your site.|
|_hjClosedSurveyInvites||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor interacts with a Survey invitation modal popup. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not re-appear if it has already been shown.|
|_hjDonePolls||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor completes a poll using the Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the same poll does not re-appear if it has already been filled in.|
|_hjMinimizedPolls||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimised when the visitor navigates through your site.|
|_hjDoneTestersWidgets||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor submits their information in the Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the same form does not re-appear if it has already been filled in.|
|_hjMinimizedTestersWidgets||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimised when the visitor navigates through your site.|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Hotjar cookie. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.|
|qtrans_front_language||Remembers what language preference is selected for browsing our site|
|vuid||We use Vimeo to embed videos onto our website. These cookies are used by Vimeo to collect analytics tracking information.|
|player||We use Vimeo to embed videos onto our website. These cookies are used by Vimeo to collect analytics tracking information.|
Analytics: Users of our websites will have data stored in logs, including IP address and device, browser types, pages viewed, locale, system parameters. We use this data to look for trends and patterns of users using our services.
Third party services: We may obtain information, including third person information from third parties and combine it with other information about you. Our intentions are to improve our service to you.
How we share information
We do not sell your personal information. Your personal data allows us to provide our services to you. There are circumstances when we may share your personal data with third parties as set out below:
With your express consent: We will not share your personal information with companies or individuals not associated with NeoNickel without your explicit consent.
Credit Card Processing: We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, maintaining Websites, analytics, marketing, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function. Some of these partners such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our Services.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests
We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- To protect the security or integrity of our products and services.
- To protect the property, rights, and safety of our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities.
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person. To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our website.
Aggregate or Non-identifying Data: We may share aggregate or other non-personal information that does not directly identify you with third parties in order to improve the overall experience of our Services.
Consent for collecting and storing your information
We will get consent to collect your personal information when the information is not related with our contractual obligations with you.
- What data we are collecting and why.
- The basis under which your data is being collected.
- A description of what your data will be used for.
- Any data processors that may use your data with us as the data controller.
- How long we will keep the personal data, or how that period is calculated. The existence of the right to be forgotten.
- Whether we intend to further process the data.
- Information on how to reach us with questions about data privacy office.
Once information supporting your options has been presented, you can make your informed choice for positive explicit consent (often called opt-in), or withhold your consent (often called opt-out).
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information collected for a variety of purposes, including: Making our services work for you.
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalise and promote our services.
- Develop new products, services and features.
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including quotations, order acknowledgements, consignment documentation and invoicing.
- Communicate with you relating to transactions, customer service and support.
- Providing you with information about our services, technical information, administrative messages, advertising or marketing messages.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our services. Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to our services and other illegal activities.
- We may also use the information we collect for other purposes about which we will notify you in subsequent versions of this document.
What steps do we take to protect your information?
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use generally accepted security standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights and choices about your data
NeoNickel strives for full compliance of the EU GDPR (more information on the GDPR can be found at https://www.eugdpr.org/)
A partial list of the regulation includes:
- The right to have information presented to you in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language.
- The right to have access to your data and the ability to correct inaccuracies and omissions.
- The right to be informed about your data including what data is processed, and the purpose for which it is processed.
- The right to object- If you ask, we will stop processing your data.
- The right of erasure, or right to be forgotten – If you ask, we will erase non-business related data that we hold.
How can you review your information or contact us about your information?
Please contact email@example.com and we will review your request and reply promptly.